Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Here’s what I’m thankful for:
- That I’m able to maintain recovery to the best of my ability these days. I have been out of treatment for a year and a few months, and it feels absolutely incredible.
- My family. They are incredible. Whenever I need someone to talk to, or need advice, or need a laugh…they’re there for me. I don’t know where I’d be without their support.
- My friends. I love them and appreciate them so much. They’re the best people in the world.
- My boyfriend. He is so sweet, understanding, supportive, funny, fun to be around, loveable…you get the idea. He’s great. I’m lucky to have him in my life.
- The fact that I’m able to go to school. As much as it sucks sometimes, and as hard as it is sometimes, I have the opportunity, and I am grateful for that.
- My job. Starbucks has been simply amazing to me. My bosses have been so understanding, supportive, and encouraging. My coworkers have been some of the best people I’ve met. Their ability to make work fun and tolerable is incredible.
- Music. I rock out to so many different things throughout the day…I don’t really know what I would do without the availability of so much music.
- My apartment. We found a great apartment in a good part of town for a good price, which was super. It was beginning to feel like (for awhile) that we would never find one…and then this came along. And I love it.
- Chocolate. Because if you don’t like chocolate, you’re lying.
- My cat. I love her to death. She’s my snuggle buddy, even by force.
- That I have people I’m able to spend holidays with. Some people don’t have that luxury.
- You. I may not know you, reader, but you are a worthy person, loveable, necessary, and worth it.
Love you all, and Happy Thanksgiving!!